Adjunct Assistant Professor Contact:email@example.com
361 Eberhart Building
Ph.D., Peking University
Environmental stressors can establish epigenetic memories in the primordial germ cells that are precursors of eggs and sperm. Environmentally established epigenetic memories may escape epigenetic reprogramming during early embryogenesis and sex determination and maintain permanent profile leading to various reproductive and non-reproductive diseases in the offspring across several generations. My research focus is to dissect phenotypes and their genomewide epigenetic association in medaka fish exposed to environmental stressors.
- Jiang L., Zhang J., Wang J.J., Wang L., Zhang L., Li G., Yang X., Ma X., Sun X., Cai J., Zhang J., Huang X., Yu M., Wang X., Liu F., Wu C., He C., Zhang B., Ci W., Liu J. Sperm, but Not Oocyte, DNA methylome is inherited by zebrafish early embryos. Cell, 153:773-784. [PMID: 22663777]
- Wang, X., Zhu, Z., Sun, Y., Zhao J. 2013. Nuclear transfer and reprogramming in fish. Hereditas (Beijing), 35(4), 433-440. (Review) [PMID: 23659953]
- Wang, X., Bhandari, R.K. (2019). DNA methylation dynamics during epigenetic reprogramming of medaka embryo. Epigenetics. 14(6):611-622. [PMID: 31010368]
- Wang, X. Hill, D., Tillitt, D.E., Bhandari, R.K. (2019). Bisphenol A and 17alpha-ethinylestradiol induced transgenerational differences in expression of osmoregulatory genes in the gill of medaka (Oryzias latipes). Aquatic Toxicology. 211: 227-234. [PMID: 31048106]
- Wang X., Bhandari, R.K. (2019). The Dynamics of DNA methylation during epigenetic reprogramming of primordial germ cells in medaka (Oryzias latipes), Epigenetics 18: 1-16. [PMID: 31851575]
- Wang, X. Bhandari, R.K. Epigenetic programming of medaka embryo. (Submitted)
- Wang, X*., Song, X*., Bhandari, R.K. MicroRNA expression during maternal to zygotic genome activation in medaka (Oryzias latipes). Submitted
- Thayil, A.J., Wang, X., Bhandari, P., vom Saal, F.S., Tillitt, D.E., Bhandari, R.K. Bisphenol A and 17 alpha-ethinylestradiol-induced Transgenerational Gene Expression Differences in the Brain-Pituitary-Testis Axis of Medaka, Oryzias latipes. Submitted.
- Song, X*., Wang, X*., Bhandari, R.K. Developmental abnormalities and epigenetic effects in medaka (Oryzias latipes) embryo induced by triclosan exposure. Submitted
- Bhandari, R.K.*, Wang, X*., vom Saal, F.S., Tillitt, D.E. Transcriptome analysis of testis reveals the effects of developmental exposure to bisphenol A or 17α-ethinylestradiol in medaka. Submitted
- Bhandari, R.K., Wang, X., vom Saal, F.S., Tillitt, D.E. Transgenerational effects of environmental chemicals on fish. Submitted.
- Wang, X., Tillitt, D.E., Vom Saal, F.S., Bhandari, R.K. Epigenetic inheritance of ancestral DNA methylation memories in germline cells by offspring cells. (In preparation)
- Wang X., Song, X., Bhandari, R.K. miRNA expression dynamics during epigenetic reprogramming of primordial germ cells. In preparation
- Wang, X., Bhandari, R.K., Methylome landscape in fish and mammalian sperm. In preparation
- Wang, X., Bhandari, R.K., Environmental chemical induced copy number variations and single nucleotide polymorphisms in germ cells and sperm. In preparation
- Bhandari, R.K., Wang, X., vom Saal, F.S., Tillitt, D.E. Transgenerational inheritance of environmentally induced DNA methylation patterns in primordial germ cells by testicular somatic cells. In preparation
- Killian, D., Canipe, T., Carr, G., Feist, D., Kibobi, H., McNeely, E., Parker, L., Paul, M., Uyadi, S., Wang, X., Bhandari, R.K.. Embryonic development in fish is hindered by exposure to environmentally relevant concentrations of glyphosate. In preparation
- Feng, Y., Wang, X., Vassall, M., Bhandari, R.K. Delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol-induced transcriptional alterations in the brain, liver, and testis of medaka fish. In preparation
- Fricault, F.J., Wang, X., Aravamudhan, S., Bhandari, R.K. Effects of aluminum oxide and cerium oxide nanoparticles on human lung alveolar cells in vitro. In preparation
- Wang X.*, Zhao Y.*, Tian, T., Zhu, Z. Luo, J., Zhao, J. Genome-wide DNA methylation analysis of somatic cell nuclear transfer (SCNT) zebrafish embryos. (In preparation).
- Zhao Y.*, Wang X.*, Zhu,Z., Luo, J., Zhao, J. The DNA methylation landscape of zebrafish embryos during blastula-gastrulation transition. (In preparation).
*Equally contributing first authors