Dr. Xuegeng Wang
Dr. Xuegeng Wang
361 Eberhart Building
Ph.D. (2017). Peking University
Environmental stressors can establish epigenetic memories in the primordial germ cells that are precursors of eggs and sperm. Environmentally established epigenetic memories may escape epigenetic reprogramming during early embryogenesis and sex determination and maintain permanent profile leading to various reproductive and non-reproductive diseases in the offspring across several generations. My research focus is to dissect phenotypes and their genomewide epigenetic association in medaka fish exposed to environmental stressors.
- Lan Jiang, Jing Zhang, Jing-Jing Wang, Lu Wang, Li Zhang, Guoqiang Li, Xiaodan Yang, Xin Ma, Xin Sun, Jun Cai, Jun Zhang, Xingxu Huang, Miao Yu, Xuegeng Wang, Feng Liu, Chung-I Wu, Chuan He, Bo Zhang, Weimin Ci, Jiang Liu. 2013. Sperm, but Not Oocyte, DNA methylome is inherited by zebrafish early embryos. Cell, 153:773-784.
- Xuegeng Wang, Zuoyan Zhu, Yonghua Sun, Jue Zhao. 2013. Nuclear transfer and reprogramming in fish. Hereditas (Beijing), 35(4), 433-440. (Review)
- Xuegeng Wang*, Yi Zhao*, Tian Tian, Zuoyan Zhu, Jingchu Luo, Jue Zhao. Genome-wide DNA methylation analysis of somatic cell nuclear transfer (SCNT) zebrafish embryos. (In preparation, *co-first author).
- Yi Zhao*, Xuegeng Wang*, Zuoyan Zhu, Jingchu Luo, Jue Zhao. The DNA methylation landscape of zebrafish embryos during blastula-gastrulation transition. (In preparation, *co-first author).
- Wang, X., Bhandari, R.K. Epigenetic programming of medaka embryo (In preparation)
- Wang, X., vom Saal, F.S., Tillitt, D.E., Bhandari, R.K. DNA methylation dynamics during reprogramming of primordial germ cells in medaka fish (in preparation)
- Bhandari, R.K., Wang, X., vom Saal, F.S., Tillitt, D.E. BPA-induced transcriptional and epigenetic alterations in medaka testis (in preparation)
- Thayil, A.J., Wang, X., vom Saal, F.S., Tillitt, D.E., Bhandari, R.K. BPA-induced transgenerational effects on reproductive axis of male medaka fish (in preparation).
- Thayil, A.J., Wang, X., Rashid, H., Bhandari, R.K. Long-term reproductive effects of BPA exposure across taxa. (Review, submitted)
- *Wang, X., Bhandari, R.K.Global genome methylation changes during early embryonic development in medaka, Oryzias latipes. 77th Annual Meeting of the Society for Developmental Biology. Portland, OR. July 20-24, 2018.
- *Bhandari, R.K., Wang, X., Cleary, J.A., vom Saal, F.S., Tillitt, D.E. Somatic inheritance of transgenerational germline epigenetic marks in the medaka fish testis. 77th Annual Meeting of the Society for Developmental Biology. Portland, OR. July 20-24, 2018.
- *Wang, X., Bhandari, R.K. Epigenetic programming of medaka embryo. 9th Aquatic Models of Human Disease Conference. Marine Biology Laboratory, Woods Hole, MA. September 29-October 4, 2018.
- *Bhandari, R.K., Wang, X., Cleary, J.A., vom Saal, F.S., Tillitt, D.E. Medaka as a model for studying transgenerational inheritance of phenotypes and underlying mechanisms.39th Annual Meeting of the Society of Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry (SETAC). Sacramento, CA. 11/04-07, 2018.
- *Wang, X., Hill, D., Tillitt, DE, Bhandari, RK. Environmental estrogen-induced transgenerational differences in expression of osmoregulatory genes in the gill of medaka fish. Biannial Meeting of the North American Society for Comparative Endocrinology (NASCE). May 23-27, 2019.
- *Bhandari, R.K., Wang, X., vom Saal, F.S., Tillitt, D.E. Reprogramming of BPA-induced alterations in primordial germ cells and transgenerational inheritance of reproductive and developmental phenotypes in medaka. 20th International Symposium on Pollutant Responses in Marine Organisms(PRIMO20), Charleston, SC USA. May 19 – May 22, 2019.