Scholarship Opportunities for Undergraduates in Biology, UNCG
This page is a resource for undergraduate students in the Department of Biology at UNCG who are interested in various scholarship opportunities available to biology majors. All Biology students are automatically considered for most of the scholarships, and there is no application process. Note that most scholarship offers are made to students who have at least 60 credit hours of credits at UNCG and whose GPAs rank among the top 5% of students.
The Summerlin Family Scholarships are awarded to students entering their junior or senior year who are majoring in Biology with strong interests in medical technology/clinical laboratory sciences and/or biomedical areas of biology. Scholarship awards will be based on academic performance and are renewable.
Project ENRICH is a program in the UNCG School of Education that partners local teachers with students interested in becoming science or math teachers in K-12 education through a teacher residency program. Please contact Allyson K. Lugo for further information.
Information about additional scholarship opportunities in the College of Arts & Sciences can be found at the College of Arts & Sciences Resources for Students.
The following scholarships are awarded to undergraduate biology majors by the Biology Department.
- The Inez Coldwell Scholarship is available to undergraduate students who are majoring in biology.
- The Arpha Burrell Biology Scholarship is awarded to a full-time undergraduate student majoring in biology. Recipients of this endowed fund are chosen based on recommendations by senior biology faculty in consultation with the financial aid office.
- The Melissa Wayne Curry Scholarship is awarded to juniors or seniors who are planning to pursue a career in veterinary medicine. This scholarship gives a preference to females born and residing in North Carolina who also are majoring in biology.
- The Ruth M. Collings Scholarship is awarded on the basis of academic achievement and financial need to juniors and seniors who are choosing Pre-Medicine, Pre-Dental or Pre-Veterinary Medicine programs.
- The Jessie Sinclair Collings Scholarship is awarded to female students choosing Pre-Medicine on the basis of academic acheivement and merit.
- The Mrs. Charles D. McIver Scholarship is awarded to junior or senior students choosing Pre-Medicine.
The College of Arts & Sciences has several different scholarships for general arts and sciences. Many of these scholarships are available to undergraduate full-time students majoring in biology or the sciences. Please contact the UNCG Financial Aid Office for more information and requirements.